Thermo Scientific™ Immobilized Ficin (Agarose Resin)
Enable controlled antibody fragmentation, especially of mouse IgG1, with this sulfhydryl-specific ficin protease immobilized onto beaded agarose resin.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 44881
Code : PN
Additional Details : CAS Number : 62266-82-4 Weight : 0.00500kg
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce Immobilized Ficin consists of a sulfhydryl-specific protease (ficin) that has been immobilized onto beaded agarose resin to enable controlled antibody fragmentation, especially of mouse IgG1.Ficin, which is similar to papain, is a nonspecific, sulfhydryl protease isolated from fig latex. The molecular weight of Ficin is approximately 25,000 and it is effective at pH 4-9.5 with an optimum pH of 6.5. When IgG molecules are incubated with ficin in the presence of cysteine, one or more peptide bonds in the hinge region are split, producing either Fab fragments or F(ab')2 fragments. Mouse IgG1 is notably difficult to digest into functional Fab or F(ab')2 fragments using papain or pepsin, however, yields and immunoreactivity are better when digesting mouse IgG1 with ficin. Immobilized Ficin was specifically designed for cleavage of mouse IgG1 into or Fab or F(ab')2 fragments, and is advantageous because it virtually eliminates autolysis, eliminates contamination of a sample with the protease and allows control of the digestion by removing the ficin or controlling the flow of sample over an immobilized ficin column.
- Can generate both Fab and F(ab')2 fragments from mouse IgG1
- Reaction can be easily controlled
- Antibody fragments are free of autodigestion products
- Ficin contamination into antibody fragments is eliminated
Safety and Handling
- Immobilized Ficin, 5 Ml.
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P264-Wash thoroughly after handling.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P337+P313-If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Sodium chloride, Ficin