Thermo Scientific™ MSTFA and MSTFA + 1% TMCS Silylation Reagent
Offer maximum volatility with the Thermo Scientific™ MSTFA and MSTFA + 1% TMCS Silylation Reagent.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ TS-48915
Code : A0
Additional Details : CAS Number : 24589-78-4 Weight : 0.05400kg Transport : UN number : 1993 Chem class : 3 Pack group : III
Use Thermo Scientific™ MSTFA and MSTFA + 1% TMCS Silylation Reagent for GC analyses of early eluting compounds that would otherwise be obscured in the chromatogram. MSTFA, the most volatile TMS-amide available, and its byproduct N-methyltrifluoroacetamide typically elute with the solvent front, allowing TMS derivatives of small molecules to be analyzed. Addition of Thermo Scientific™ TMCS aids derivatization of amides, secondary amines, and hindered hydroxyls not derivatized by MSTFA alone.
- Trimethylsilyl donor strength comparable to BSA and BSTFA
- Reacts to replace labile hydrogens on a wide range of polar compounds with a Si(CH3)3 group
- Used to prepare volatile and thermally stable derivatives for GC and MS
- Volatile byproduct, N-methyltrifluoroacetamide, has an even lower retention time than MSTFA
- Often TMS derivatives of small molecules can be analyzed when derivatized with MSTFA because the byproducts and the reagent itself usually elute with the solvent front
- Addition of Thermo Scientfic TMCS aids derivatization of amides, secondary amines and hindered hydroxyls not derivatized by MSTFA alone
|10 x 1 mL ampules|
|98 to 100, 0.1 to 1%|
|2°C to 8°C|
|MSTFA plus 1% TMCS (2,2,2-Trifluoro-N-methyl-N-(trimethylsilyl)-acetamide, Chlorotrimethylsilane)|
Safety and Handling
- Flammable liquid Category 3
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H226-Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Acetamide, 2, 2, 2-trifluoro-N-methyl-N-(trimethylsilyl)-