MP Biomedicals FastDNA™ SPIN Kit for Soil
Rapid isolation of PCR-ready genomic DNA from soil and other environmental samples.
Brand: MP Biomedicals 116560200
Code : 50
Additional Details : Weight : 0.79380kg Transport : UN number : 1760 Chem class : 8 Pack group : III
- Safety and Handling
- Accessories and Spare Parts
- Special Offers
The FastDNA™ SPIN Kit for Soil quickly and efficiently isolates PCR-ready genomic DNA directly from soil samples in less than 30 minutes. Designed for use with FastPrep™ instruments, plant and animal tissues, bacteria, algae, fungal spores and other members of a soil population are easily lysed within 40 seconds.
Samples are placed into 2.0 mL tubes containing Lysing Matrix E, a mixture of ceramic and silica particles designed to efficiently lyse all soil organisms, including historically difficult sources, such as eubacterial spores and endospores, gram positive bacteria, yeast, algae, nematodes and fungi. DNA is purified using SPIN filters and eluted DNA is ready for PCR, restriction digest, electrophoresis and any other desired application.
Components include 2.0 mL tubes of Lysing Matrix E, Sodium Phosphate Buffer, MT Buffer, PPS Solution, Binding Matrix, Spin Modules, Catch Tubes, Concentrated SEWS-M, DES and BBS Gel Loading Dye, sufficient for 50 or 100 preps.
|Isolate bacterial, fungal, plant, and animal genomic DNA from soil and other environmental samples, including sediment, sludge, compost, manure, rhizosphere, waste water and more|
|Nucleic Acid Isolation, Mini-prep|
|Up to 500 mg per prep|
|Soil, fecal, environmental water, wastewater, sludge|
|50 preps, 2 mL tube size|
|Isolate bacterial, fungal, plant, and animal genomic DNA|
Safety and Handling
- FastDNA SPIN Kit for Soil
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 1
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 3
- ACUTE AQUATIC Acute 1
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 A
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- H400-Very toxic to aquatic life.
- H410-Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- EUH032-Contact with acids liberates very toxic gas.
- P101-If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102-Keep out of reach of children.
- P103-Read label before use.
- P260-Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P405-Store locked up.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- P264-Wash thoroughly after handling.
- P337+P313-If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
- P332+P313-If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P270-Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- P330-Rinse mouth.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate, Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP 40), Guanidine Thiocyanate