Gibco™ Modified IMEM (Improved Minimum Essential Medium), with L-glutamine, without gentamicin sulfate
Minimum Essential Medium is one of the most commonly used of all cell culture media
Brand: Gibco™ A1048901
Code : 50
Additional Details : Weight : 0.50000kg
MEM can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including HeLa, BHK-21, 293, HEP-2, HT-1080, MCF-7, fibroblasts, and primary rat astrocytes.
- It is modified formulation of Eagle's MEM that contains iron, zinc, putrescine, fatty acids, and gentamycin
- Modification also includes very high concentrations of both choline chloride and i-Inositol
- It was further modified with L-glutamine, and without gentamicin sulfate
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
Gibco Richter's MEM is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility, located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.