Medium 199 was originally developed for nutritional studies of chick embryo fibroblasts. It has broad species applicability, particularly for cultivation of non-transformed cells. Medium 199 is widely used in virology, vaccine production, and in vitro cultivation of primary explants of mouse pancreatic epithelium, and rat lens tissues.
- It is modified as follows: with L-glutamine; without phenol red, HEPES
- Contains adenine, adenosine, hypoxanthine, thymine, and additional vitamins
- Available with Earle's salts for use in CO2 incubator, or with Hank's salts for use without CO2
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
Gibco Medium 199 is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
|7.1 - 7.4|
|270 - 310 mOsm/kg|
|No Phenol Red|
|No Sodium Pyruvate|
For Research Use Only: Not intended for animal or human diagnostic or therapeutic use.