Thermo Scientific™ Silylation Grade Solvents
Use specially manufactured and packaged Thermo Scientific™ Silylation Grade Solvents to meet the exacting needs of silylation and other sensitive derivatization reactions.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ TS-27530
Code : 16
Additional Details : CAS Number : 110-86-1 Weight : 1.81440kg Transport : UN number : 1282 Chem class : 3 Pack group : II
Use specially manufactured and packaged Thermo Scientific™ Silylation Grade Solvents to meet the exacting needs of silylation and other sensitive derivatization reactions. They are purified, dried, and packaged under nitrogen in convenient Thermo Scientific™ Hypo-Vial™ Sample Storage Vials, and are supplied with elastomer septa to enable immediate access to the sample without exposure to moisture and oxygen. Use polar solvents (acetonitrile, dimethylformamide, dimethylsulfoxide, pyridine, tetrahyrdrofuran) to facilitate reactions; nonpolar organic solvents may be used but will not accelerate the rate of reaction.Recommended Use
Avoid water or alcohol, as TMS reagents react with active hydrogen.
Avoid enolizable ketones.
Use dimethylformamide for steroids and other large molecules.
Use dimethylsulfoxide to prepare TMS derivatives of tertiary alcohols and some compounds with low solubility in other silylation solvents.
Pyridine is an excellent solvent and reaction medium for MS reactions and is an HCI acceptor in reactions involving organochlorosilanes.
Other commonly used solvents include tetrahydrofuran and acetonitrile.
|Flammable, Harmful, Irritant|
|98 to 100%|
|Pyridine; 50 mL|
Safety and Handling
- Pyridine, Silyation Grade, 50 mL
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Flammable liquid Category 2
- H225-Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H332-Harmful if inhaled.
- H312-Harmful in contact with skin.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P264-Wash thoroughly after handling.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P271-Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- P370+P378-In case of fire: Use to extinguish.
- P301+P310-IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor /
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
Limited warranty period: Subject to all warranty requirements and exclusions set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale, this product is warranted from the date we ship the product and for ninety (90) days thereafter. Disclaimer to internal research use restriction: Any restrictions on the purchaser to utilize the product(s) for internal research purposes only does not apply to the product(s) on the web pages associated with this statement.